|Christmas - A Few of My Favorite Things
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 at 6:00 pm
The hustle and bustle of the holidays can create a feeling of anxiety and despair. At times we forget the purpose of the holiday. What does Christmas mean to you?
Here is a list of my top 10 favorite things about Christmas!
1. Christmas, first and foremost, celebrates the birth of baby Jesus!
2. It is about spending time with FAMILY and friends. I love playing Christmas music, lots and lots of Christmas music.
3. It's about counting your blessings and being grateful for what you have!
4. It's about loading the kids in the car and getting the perfect tree and decorating it together.
5. It is a day of laughter and fun. There is a peacefulness to the season.
6. It is a time to forgive. Say a prayer for those who have been unkind to you, (whether they realize it or not). Maybe they need it!
7. It is a day about giving, not receiving! (But, I would really like to get that zebra print chair at Pier One.) Santa, I have been really good this year!
8. It is the season where everyone is a little nicer and kinder. "Peace on earth and good will toward men!" Yes, that about says it all!
9. I love seeing the look on my kids face as they open their presents! Priceless!
10. I love listening to them when they first wake up Christmas morning. They run down the hall and wake each other up! They run down the stairs to make sure Santa arrived and then run up the stairs to wake my husband and me. We are already awake, but never let them know! If only I could bottle that excitement. I replay the morning over and over in my mind, understanding that someday my children will be living away, perhaps at college or married. I understand that each and every moment counts and the beauty of my family is an awesome thing to behold!
|Click to Print This Article|