What You'll Need:
- 1 large sheet of white construction paper
- Brown, green, blue, and black construction paper
What to Do:
1. Cut a green piece of paper for the grass. Glue it to the bottom of the paper.
2. Cut strips of brown construction paper to make the logs for the cabin. It really doesn't matter how wide or long they are... The kids can piece them together anyway they want later.
When doing this project with very young children, you may want to have an example to show them what they are going to create. You may even want to cut some of the strips of paper for them in advance.
3. Start laying out the "logs" for the cabin. Small children will need help, especially as the logs at the top get smaller. Glue the logs down.
4. Cut two logs for the roof and glue in place.
5. Cut a rectangle for the chimney. Glue in place. Also cut a blue window and a black door. Glue them in place too.
6. Stretch the cottonball out and glue it to the top of the chimney to make the smoke.