What you will need: Styrofoam cups, miniature marshmallows, card stock, crayons or markers, scissors, tape, powdered chocolate drink mix, small 2" x 3" craft storage bags (Wal-mart in the crafts section), and clear plastic party bags 4 x 9 1/2" or shorter (Wal-mart in the cake decorating section)
What to do:
1. Draw a snowman head and hands onto card stock and cut them out. Or use thepatterns (available to Members only. This pattern comes with a front and back head for each snowman).
2. Place enough chocolate mix into the small plastic bags to make one drink according to the directions and seal the bag.
3. Place all the supplies that will be needed (except for the marshmallows and paint and crayons) for each child in a brown lunch bag (see below).
4. Prepare a craft ahead of time so the children can see what they look like.
5. Place a half a cup of marshmallows in the large party bag and seal it with tape. Cut off the excess at the top.
6. Color the head (back and front) and the arms. Tape the arms at the bottom of the head or onto the bag. Tape the head onto the top of the bag. Tape the back of the head onto the back covering up the top of the plastic bag. Write the directions (or have the children write the directions) on how to make the hot chocolate on a piece of paper and place it in the bottom of the cup with the powdered chocolate mix. Place the snowman on top. You can also include a plastic spoon if you would like.
Place the snowman in the cup in a decorated lunch bag (below).